
Last stops for me in Europe. I take a night bus from Lisbon to Seville. They told me that it arrives at 9 AM, but I really get in around 5:30. It is cold and pitch black outside. Decide to try to find my hostel in the dark in one of the most confusing cities that I’ve ever been in. Luckily, I am borderline fluent in Spanish, so I find my way after about 30 minutes. Oh, wait that last statement was false except for the borderline part. I get to the hostel and of course my bed wont be ready till noon. They give me some coffee and breakfast. The sun is starting to peek so I decided to just walk around a bit before I can finally sleep. I vow to buy myself a

bigger coat.
That night I go with a group from the hostel to see some flamenco. Starting at some tapas bar, we see the dancers and musicians. I end up the night smoking a joint at some club with the Italian tour guide who is trying to get me to go to Granada with her the following morning.
So, spend the next day recovering over tapas and walking through the old town. I came here about 10 years ago for like an afternoon b/c the whole town was booked up for the summer. Now, I finally get to see it and it is beautiful. Still, I keep moving forward.
The next morning I take the bus to La Linea, the last town before Gibraltar. Gibraltar is a tiny British territory at the end of Spain. I take the 5-minute walk into Gibraltar from Spain, crossing over the airport runway

on my way into town. It is basically just a duty free shop on the water. It is nice to be able to use English again without having to think about your wording. But, I wont let the utter commercialism and bad pub food distract me from my goal: monkeys.

Yes, the top of the rock of Gibraltar is the only place in Europe with wild monkeys, rock apes to be exact. I get to the top and I am not disappointed.
Back at the hostel, I find a Japanese girl in my room. We go out for some drinks and she decides to come to Morocco with me the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment