Met another cousin on Thursday. He is Anita’s eldest brother and I don’t think I’ve ever met him before. Had two more little kids. Children seem to like me. I think I might be able to relate to them on their level.
My friend Steve from London came in for the weekend and after some confusion I met him at a pub near the Temple Bar district. Had some drinks on Friday but nothing too crazy. Saturday, we did some sightseeing. Went to this amazingly lo-fi museum of medieval Dublin. It was one of those awesome places before this digital age where they made everything to be touched and with a sense of humor. Like there was a guy in a garrison that you can throw plastic balls at and he screams some nonsense.
Then we went to the Guinness brewery, which I found disappointing. Felt like a 2-hour advertisement that I paid to watch. Did come with a free pint though, which was mighty tasty. While enjoying aforementioned pint, we started talking to the girls sharing our table with us. They were very cool, a Brit and an Irish girl that had met while travelling (just like Steve and I). We made plans to meet them later that night.
Go chill at the hotel. Head to Lebanese place to eat. On the way there, some middle aged Irish guy stopped us for directions. He heard Steve’s accent and asked if he was British. Steve was British. Then he asked if Steve knew Andrew Something from England. Apparently, Andrew was about Steve’s height, so there must be some short guy club in England and all the members know each other.
After dinner, we meet up with girls and dance till the bars shut at 2. We decide to head back to our room for another drink. After walking through the freezing rain for quite a while, we finally catch a cab. There is a weasely little Irish man with bad teeth in the lobby that wont allow the girls upstairs because we only have 2 people registered to the room. I couldn’t even pay him to move.
Just as well, passed out as soon as I hit my bed. Off to Toulouse.
Squeeze - Cool for Cats
No comments:
Post a Comment