Thursday, January 8, 2009

Spain pt 2

I take the overnight train back to Tangier. It is the most relaxing thing in Morocco. I took a sleeping pill and woke up in Tangier. The German guy in my sleeper car and I take a taxi together and then buy ferry tickets. The problem is that the ferry is already leaving, so we have to wait for the next one. It never ends in this place.

I get back to Spain around 1 PM (should have been 10 AM) and catch the bus to Granada. When I check my email, I get a message from some Czech girl that Nicholas is in the hospital in Madrid, but with no real information. I am not sure if he broke his foot in a drunken accident or if something is really wrong. I decide to check out the Alhambra in the morning and just head into Madrid.

I get into Madrid too late to see Nick, so get some tapas and wine and sleep. The next morning I finally see him. He looks rough, has severe pneumonia in both lungs with tubes sticking everywhere and a breathing apparatus. I run some errands for him and eat more ham.

The only thing I real saw in Madrid, besides the bars, was the Prado, which I had missed on my previous trip here. Not usually a fan of classical art, but I got nothing bad to say about Rembrandt and Goya. Yeah, Goya makes more than just delicious beans. Now, I’m excited to get to Israel and see some non-ailing familiar faces.

No comments: